Pastor Joe Tira, and his wife, Kay
We began as a home church in 1936/37. Grew enough that we rented the upstairs at the YMCA. In 1940 we bought two lots in Kelso and built a church building and began worshiping there in 1942.The building had a sawdust floor, open ceiling with exposed trusses, no Sunday School rooms or restrooms. It was heated with an old wood stove in the center of the building and people sat on benches.The building was remodeled in 1948 with enclosed ceiling, a wooden floor and finished walls. In 1950 the Kelso building was expanded. In 1972 the Longview property was purchased. Construction began in 1975. In October, 1977, the congregation moved into the current building.